Just when i thought I was doing something nice....

I was inside my shop one day, when a beggar came in. She was clad in a torn, unkempt sari. Her face was dark and wrinkled. Her small kid clung to her hip. She pushed the transparent glass door of the shop, soiling it in the process, and came in. She pleaded in a very shrill and unsteady voice if I could give her something. She started off with the various kinds of blessings that I would be bestowed with, if I could contribute in someway to her cause.

I didn’t want to turn her away. My dad wasn’t in, and I had no money with me. I handed her a biscuit pack that I had very excitedly bought for myself to eat.

She took it from me, with a look that I couldn’t comprehend just then, and closed the door behind her. Just when she was out, she looked into the pack, said something, threw it on the road, and went away. I cursed my dad for having wanted a transparent glass door.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well,u can make any interpretation!Maybe she wanted money for something else desperately.So she tried everything and in the end she was gifted with a biscuit packet which didnt serve her purpose so in her frustration she threw it. If u think from her perspective maybe it will alleviate ur loathing for her behavior.Maybe that glass door was a blessing for u to see something and learn something from the situation.

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!