Someone to hug.

Tonight’s gonna be real long. It’s been raining for quite sometime now and I am soaking wet. I have to find myself a place to sleep. I am a beggar on the dusty roads of a metro city, and they say I am 6 years old. I don’t really have a name, I haven’t needed it much, people usually don’t call me.

It’s dark and creepy out here, no street lights, just the continuously sounding rain. I am tired; I have been walking for quite sometime now, all alone, hungry and helpless. Didn’t manage to gather enough money today for dinner. There’s nobody on the streets, everyone’s possibly inside their cozy homes, looking through the window and thanking the Lord. I really wonder where He is now.

Right now, I am really scared. There’s a sudden flash of lightning, and I close my eyes. I don’t care that I am hungry. I don’t care if I sleep in the rain tonight. I just want someone to hug me when the thunder strikes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!