Nostalgia

Alone, I came into this world
Crying my way out, I was hurled.
Parents and relatives then took charge
They became my world, by and large.
I grew up to make friends
People on whom I could depend.
All was merry till then
And suddenly it happened.
I had to go away
All alone, a long way.
Leaving everyone behind
I had a path to find.
But now a new emotion gripped me
It just wasn’t like me.
Excited though I was to break free
Why did I long to go back, I didn’t see.
Confused, I looked above and asked the Lord
What was going on, why did I feel lost.
Suddenly, a stranger appeared
Tall and stiff, he neared.
Nostalgia was his name
He spread a lot of pain.
Vehemently, I asked
Why did a snare he cast.
He said he was here to teach
How to be strong and not beseech.
He would first give us a relationship
Then mercilessly he would rip.
Thus, we would learn
How to go on in life and be firm.
I was just pondering over all that he said
When Nostalgia retraced his steps.
Never did I see him again
Or experience the same pain.
Coz he taught me to be strong
How to be lasting, and go on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!