The Thinker, The Knower

A faithful friend, whom I thought I could always trust
My mind, on whom all problems and decisions were thrust
The splendor of which always fascinated me
My mind was a limitless sea.

To think was my finest skill
If no one sows me the way, it definitely will
Where thoughts and emotions originated
I thought this was Me, unadulterated.

But now somehow this mind, this Me
Seems so hostile and unfriendly
It seems so out of control
The master of my soul.

My mind is a pandemonium of thoughts
I don’t choose what to think, I seem lost
Who is this thinker within me
Who am I if this isn’t me?

I realize I am not the mind
My being, my self I have to now find
Unleash the energy within, the brightest kind
The knower in me is about to unwind!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!