Another Monday Morning....

Back to work on a Monday, after a 6 day long vacation is tough. I get up early in themorning, and there I was consoling myself saying, this week's just gonna be 4 days long dear, Friday is a holiday!!!! Thanking Lord Mahavir to be born the coming Friday, I shove my blanket aside and forced myself into consciousness.

The timetable started to tick. The same usual pampering warm shower, the daily sandwiches with hot steaming coffee. All done, I waved my usual bye to mommy and dad and left, todeal with the long day that awaited me.

I got the 7.35 bus, just on time. I settled myself on a window seat, and had the windowswide open, and breathed. Fresh air can make so much difference to one's droopiness. It worked perfectly for me. Today, I decided against my customary book reading practice. I just sat observing.

Observation is defintely an art. And I bet its tough. You have to be there. Alive and present. I could feel the jitter of the bus, the sound of shrill horns, the wind that swooshed everytime a car sped away, the chirpings of birds, everything that rose from and died into silence.
Well, I am new to this art, so I kept slipping away to the "lost in my own world" state many a times. But it was fun!

I didn't wait to get to office, I didn't curse the traffic jams, I was so busy enjoying myself. I finally got down the bus and walked my way to my building, amidst greenery and freshness.

And now, here I am on my chair, waiting for my tasks of the day to come. All my liveliness is lost. I sit here blankly gaping at the monitor, waiting for the day to end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!