Bored of being Bored

I had this as my Gtalk status message months ago, the days I used to actually set a Gtalk status message. Many people pinged me for many months afterwards saying they felt the same way at some point in their lives.

Life is inherently boring.

We just keep trying to find things to do, just so that we can derive our own nice meaning out of it, drape it in the blanket of accomplishment, and cozily stay put. Some people work. Some make other people work. Some climb the Everest. Some take an year long sabbatical and see the world. Some paint. Some jump off airplanes. Some write books. Some just go to the spa.

All in an attempt to be busy, to be distracted, to feel important, lest boredom makes you feel like crap.

Makes me think, the ancient Indian saints meditated over months simply because they realized the truth about boredom.

To a lot more boring days …

P.S. I feel less bored after this post :-)

Comments

Saya said…
:-) there is always something to smile at for me in your blog :D
Saya said…
:-) there is always something to smile at for me in your blog :D
Lux said…
Yeah, and something for me to drool at in your food blog! You didnt temme about it!!!!
Saya said…
@ Lux
Been buggin you to come and comment for ever so long..

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!