The Other Path of My Life

For I had not known then, what life had in store. I did hold on to the past, for a few months, and then it stopped to make sense, and the new overwhelming world took over. Now and then, the wind would blow, and faint memories would flood my eyes. I would just brush them off.

I don’t really know if I made the decision to go by the flow, or whether it just happened. My life took a different course then on, it was exciting I must admit, and it brought me here, to where I am today.

Sometimes I think, what if life hadn’t taken the course it took, what if I had held on to the past, what if I hadn’t forgotten the things I forced myself to forget. Would I still be here today? Would I have been happier? Would I have been disappointed? I crave to know.

But then, I find the solace in the idea that someone else in this big world, is living that life that I gave up. I like to believe that all the permutations and combinations that result from the different choices we make in life, the different life paths, are being lived by different people at this point of time. There is not a single path of life that is not tried.

Until the day I meet the individual that leads the other path of my life…

Comments

Chitra Iyer said…
I guess we have to console ourselves that way....of course, we can't do anything about the past now but still the desire remains to know what would have happened if we had gone the other way..
Anonymous said…
It's true, at times, we feel life would've been much better and much easier if only, certain things didn't happen or happened differently...but at some later point in life, we'd realize what happened was the the best thing to happen and the best way to happen!

I always believe Life has a reason whichever course it chooses.
Lux said…
Roopa, well, I know what you are saying, but I think this is just one of the tricks that life plays, it doesnt really show you the other paths of life, and so you just innocently end up believing whatever happened to you happened for the best, and for a reason.

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!