Being the Woman I am

I never knew what it was to be a Woman. Yea, I respected and admired a lot of them though, the most being my mom. I had always been a kind of tomboy, had more friends who were guys than gals, both in school and college. Needless to say, this was one of the reasons why I was one of the most envied of the whole lot! It had always been considered as a privilege.

I hated it when people asked me why I never wore bangles or why I cut my hair. I would freak around with guys coz I liked that, as in I could relate to them more easily than gals. I found girl talk quite unbearable and silly. So well, there I was, and I was happy, with no regrets.

The first of the realizations came when one of my friends asked me this, “Is there nothing about being a Woman?” That’s when I realized that all this while I had completely ignored my own true self, busy proving myself to be someone I was not. Yes, maybe I had a kind of thinking vision as that of a guy’s, but I was a Woman. I could not be detached from them, coz I shared my being with them. I shared all my goodness and limitations with them. I realized I was a Woman.

And then on began my journey, in search of what it really was to be a Woman. The very first thought that had come to my mind then was Beauty. Wasn’t this one of the first reasons why women were admired? How important was Beauty to a Woman? The question troubled me for quite sometime.

Definitely, beauty was the first step, say for the first impression. Beauty as in physical attractiveness, or maybe it could just be the eyes, the speech, the walk or a simple handshake. Beauty lies in everything if only we know how to look!

Being the Woman I am today places me nowhere above or below the guys. Coz I have stopped competing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!