Rang de Basanti

The last time someone asked me the meaning of this particular title, I had jokingly warded it off. Infact, I had made it sound funny. Now, after the three hours I spent yesterday watching the movie, no, I would rather say, living the movie, I wouldn't dare to make fun. In my opinion, apart from just being an entertaining film, it was an amazingly provocative film, the kinds that make you want to stand up, and make a difference.

The whole idea of patriotism and how young fighters gave away their lives for the freedom of our country, was never so beautifully put across. It makes you wonder, why did they really have to do it, unlike us, who submissively accept, living happy lives, and dying happy. Would I really give away this wonderful life that I am living today, for my country? The answer is easy, No. Thats what makes it so strange.

Perhaps when life stares at you in the face, and asks for answers, you go beyond the realm of fear, into freedom, until you find a stranger peace. When the mind stops to rustle and the heart begins to communicate. When the eyes have fire in them, the brow reflects pride, and the smile glistens wisdom. When worldiness starts to seem irrelevant, and death, freedom. To that state, oh pretty world, we all have to awaken.

Perhaps there is peace in insanity, coz insanity comes from the soul. And that is exactly what Rang de Basanti is all about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God

The duality of my existence

Happy Diwali!