My Valentine

The first time I saw him, he was asleep. I stood transfixed watching him. It was not beauty, or grace that caught my attention, but it was the serenity, like as though he had had a strenous day at work, and now, forgetting the world, he slept, devoid of worries or fears. I never knew then, how my life would change.

I don't know exactly how and when, I started to like him. I had met him only a day ago, and the next day, when I was leaving for my home, I had tears in my eyes. I had never cried even while leaving my parents before. It struck me as strange. Once home, I longed to meet him, I would see his pictures, talk to him over the phone, I had never been so concerned for anybody.

Love is strange. It didn't tell me when it came. I know he has no feelings for me, but then somehow it just doesn't matter. He is the only one I know, with whom I have no expectations. And, maybe that is why I love him so much.

On this Valentine, how I wish he was here, to kiss him lightly, and tell him in words he wouldn't understand, that I love him.

Here's wishing my little six months old nephew Varun a Happy Valentine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God

The duality of my existence

Happy Diwali!