Life is calling, where are you?

Yes, you could sue me for using an ad line, but the temptation was just too huge to resist. In fact, the very line was what got me thinking to write this piece what I call an article; and this is my way of paying tribute. Anyways, getting down to the point, the first time I heard this string of words dramatized together, I had felt this was just many of those which implored attention. But there came one idle moment, when my mind had nothing much to brood over, and without consulting me it had started its cruise about this particular arrangement of words. I got all set to reprimand, but then my mind, being clever as it always is, worked out this esoteric interpretation and placed it in a finely decorated platter in front me; I was cajoled into it. From then on, my mind took over, bold and straight, with the air of a winner, the mind walked to the center stage, to put its audience in a trance.

Listen, it said. Listen to the moment that is passing by; listen to the silence that is slowing turning into noise. Listen to the air that exists, listen to it slowly turning into the wind and blowing by. Close your eyes, and listen. Open it again, and see the moment gone. What have you done; what have you achieved? The moment that passed by, was it happy, or was it sad? Peace? Is that what you just said? Yes, peace it was. The kind of peace where everything exists as it is, no interpretations, no perceptions. Where there is no joy, and no sorrow, no hope or hopelessness, no illusions and no reality. Wake up to the truth of your being, life is calling, where are you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!