Mommy!

It was like I was dreaming, one of those rare dreams, where you can touch, smell and hear, like real. My dad had just casually made a statement and I sat there, without the tiniest bit of reaction, as my mind struggled to sink in the waves that had just crossed my ears. Dad had said, “Mom’s coming back.”

I knew I had finally gulped the news when I caught my mind unawares, already relishing at the thought of carrying a lunch box everyday to work. Well, so, she was going to be back. I thought of the times when she was here, very few memories came to me. It happens all the time, that when you want to picture something of the past, you try to picture it in the physical setup where it had occurred. My mom hadn’t been with us in this particular home for a long time. It made me feel like I had forgotten of how it was with mom around. Had I?

Whatever, there was this pang of happiness that filled my heart. Though I knew I had to wait another whole month for her to be back, but then, the past 9 months(no symbolism intended) without her, had taught me not to complain. Why was my mom so important, I wondered. For most people, the question would seem simply outrageous, and they would want to hunt me down for this, but my mind is the most plucky creations I have every known, and poor me, being a naïve little gal, gives it all the liberty to think.

I dont really know if it has something to do with me being a girl, but I am just plain easy with mom. She is one who can scream at me for not eating my food, and I won't cry, coz it's ok, really. She's one whom I can scream at, for some absurd idea of hers about getting a pooja done for some damn miracle; and its ok with her. She's one who would come home everyday and tell me about all that happened in office, of how most of the time people asked about me. She is one who when gets a little chocolate, shaped like a beautiful rose, with a green leaf on it, she saves it for me. She's the one who has never been scared about how I would fare in a particular exam. She's the one who has spent nights by my side when I wasnt feeling well. She's the one who would listen to the stupid fights I had with friends, and yet not do anything about it, leaving for me to solve it out. She's the one who knows when I am lying. She's the one who knows when I am happy. She's the one who knows when I need her.

Actually....... she's the one who just knows.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!