New Year's Eve

The fact that the New Year’s almost here, the fact that it is the last day of the year, always makes me so nostalgic. Just like what you feel when you leave a home, or sell your car. I lived through the bygone year, and it makes me feel sad to leave that time and move on to a newer one. But I guess, just how it is with homes and cars, we move on, we learn to like the new life, reminiscing the old ones now and then.

The 31st of December. In India, it was always exciting. For one, it would in all probability be a holiday, if not, you could at least manage to get off early. But the more exciting thing would be the TV programmes lined up in the night. You wouldn’t know what channel to watch, some would be hosting award ceremonies, some others interviews with the best of stars, some other cultural shows. You would spend the night flipping through, so you get a glimpse of everything, lest your friend calls up tomorrow to wish you and tell you the very program you missed was the best on earth. In no time, it would be 12, you would wish your family, some SMSs from friends, the programmes still on. A little after 1, dad would come in and ask you to go to sleep.

Somehow for me, this is what New Year’s is all about… And I love it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!