Idea Generator

Sitting here in my BIG cube, I wonder. If it hadn’t been for all this technology, for all the knowledge I have of these technologies, for all the work these machines do for me, I wouldn’t have been here. I am like a controller, and these machines are what I control.

I wonder if sometime way in the future, someone would invent an idea generator. It would generate ideas like humans, and there would be no idea on earth that it cannot generate. Would we humans be happy or sad about that? It would definitely be one of the best inventions of the time, and I can’t imagine the progress of the world with all the great ideas at the run of a program!

perl idea_generator.pl build_strongest_bridge > best_bridge.out

(Of course, idea_generator.pl calls a lot of other programs and CPAN modules. You know that! )

Humans would feel insecure. There wouldn’t be any meetings in office, no brainstorming sessions, no how-to-solve-this-issue crap. All that the project manager would say to you is “Run the damn program!”

There would be deadlines to achieve, yes, that will remain. You would secretly use the program to tell you the best humanly possible way to achieve your targets. The number of ideas generated will be your personal milestone and will count towards your appraisal. There’ll be idea generation certifications.

Google would eventually buy the program from the small startup that invented it. And it would place ads all over the download webpage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!