Monday

Once again, its Monday. I am sure I have written about Mondays before. “Monday Blues” is what I think I called it. Back in Infosys.

Today is different. I am not too glad that I have to go to work, but I am not blue either. I like what I do at my work. I am up early, everyday, not just Monday, get ready, make breakfast, pack lunches and wait for my fiance. He drops me off to work everyday.

Monday is about that moment when I get out of the car, and wave to him a bye. It feels like going to school as a kid, a feeling of insecurity of being away from something you love and know so well. He smiles, silently assuring me that he’ll be back to pick me up. I wave and smile back, and see him leave.

I swipe my card, and the door clicks open. I am a whole new person, with energy and confidence. I swing through the day with ease.

In the evening, when he calls, he tells me he’s a minute away from my office. Hurriedly I put off my computer to sleep, and rush to the door. I see his car lights flash in the distance. I get into the car and look at him.

That’s what Mondays are all about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!