Sivaji Rightaa

The Super Star. The Boss. Rajani. Sivaji.

There is just one simple thing that any Rajani fan expects from his movies. Style. And I must say, I am not disappointed. Sivaji has loads of style, in terms of looks, fashion, sets, and what I call “punch” dialogues. Rajani looks his youngest best, and has come back with amazing energy.

Highlights

The motorbike stunt in the Athiradee song looks just too cool. I know it’s something too many people have done before too, but then, its special when its Rajani, isn’t it? The MGR and Sivaji Ganesan mimic songs are also well performed that they take you on a ride through memory lane. Sivaji’s Email client, a voice recognition system was another of those eyebrow raising things that even 007 BMW’s wouldn’t bring. Some of Rajani’s dialogues are just mind boggling. Some of my favorites:

“Kanna naan parkkadhaan software, yeranginen naa hardware!”
“Naan nenucha adhu nadandha maadiri, naan nadandha adhu jayicha maadiri!”
“Sivaji sirucha joli, muraicha maapilai, nee gaali!”

Vivek’s jokes are as usual good quality and worth a laugh. Shreya is ok too.

The issue handled by the movie is a good one, and personally, something that I have been thinking about for quite a while. I hate the corruption in our country and the poor plight of all the people who have been caught in the vicious circle. But unfortunately, Sivaji is fiction.

The movie is a must watch for all Sivaji fans. For the non-fans, well, what can I say. You are missing so much in life.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I hate the corruption in our country and the poor plight of all the people who have been caught in the vicious circle...

Keep hating, keep thinking, that's all you Indians are capable of!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!