Saved a baby sparrow, rather, I didn't kill it

We were on our usual biking round. Biking is fun, I have come to realize, every day we cycle all the way up to the Red river and back. Today, we opted for a longer route than usual. Happily cruising in the fourth gear, we almost had come to the end of our route. That’s when it happened. I saw two ladies who had suddenly stopped in the middle of the pathway, as though something was wrong. My friend was ahead of me, and as he neared them, he pulled up. I, not knowing what things were all about, went right ahead. Just when I was there, I realized there was something on the ground, and I was almost gonna squash it. Everyone screamed. I swept through, and stopped only when I heard relieved sighs. Ok, so I hadn’t squashed it after all, I thought. But what was it?

It was a little sparrow, a baby, that had been thrown on the pathway by the wind. We found another one lying on the grass near by. My friend helped the little sparrow back along with its sibling. We exchanged little grateful thanks with the ladies, and left.

I would have killed it. Moments like these make me believe in God, that force that makes certain things happen at certain times. I really didn’t do anything, I am sure, it wasn’t my reflex. I wouldn’t have been surprised if I had killed it.

Comments

Hi Lakshmi,

Out of your all the blogs this was most touchy... Mansuge tumba hidistu..Manushyanagi huttudmele yava vyaktigu yarannu sayiso hakku illa... u have done the right thing.. well the title was too impressive..

Cheers,
Rameshn Nagaiah
rameshnagaiah@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!