ER

Last night was my first visit to the ER, well, for myself. I reached there looking like a hag (yes, pain can do that to me), cold and limping.

One thing I really appreciate about our hospital here is that it doesn't smell like one. The lobby (even the ER one) is quite pleasant with nice lights and art work.

My vitals were taken, and a band with my name tied to my wrist. I noticed that the band was patented. I was asked to join the others in the waiting section.

Being the curious person I am, I looked around at the others and wondered what their circumstances were. One thing was common between all of us, suffering. Different levels of it.

I was surprised to be called in immediately, even when there were so many before me in the waiting. May be because I described my pain a level 7 out of 10.

What happened inside the treatment room I don't quite want to describe, but I moaned and groaned the whole time, inspite of the local anesthesia. Hubby was really supportive. He always is.

I remember as kids, me and my sis loved to watch ER. And now, me and hubby never miss an episode of House.

And on that note, I come to the highlight of my whole ER experience, they prescribed me Vicodin for the pain! Yes, the same drug Dr. HOUSE is always high on :-)

Comments

Saya said…
Hey.. wats up girl? what happened? are you okay?
Lux said…
I am fine :-)

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!