Teddy Bears, Chocolates and Roses

Some things just remain. I loved teddies and chocolates as a kid. Roses I adored as a teenager.

I thought I had overgrown these old favorites. Teddies I never bought these days, and now were more a concern of allergies than anything else. Chocolates I couldn’t eat more than a couple, my throat would start to feel weird. Roses are flowers that rot away.

Recently, I bought a cute little leopard cub, from the MGM grand store in Vegas. Since then, I sleep with it on my side, I watch TV with it, and irritate the heck out of my hubby with it.

Yesterday, at Costco, I looked at all the holiday special chocolates that adorned the shelves. I can’t say how I resisted that temptation.

Each time, at the local Safeway store, I stand gazing at the roses while my hubby finds a shopping cart.

It’s probably a girl’s ideal gift, a Teddy, a box of chocolates and roses.

Comments

Chitra Iyer said…
Is Ramesh listening?!?

Popular posts from this blog

God

The duality of my existence

Happy Diwali!