Lal Mohan

So while we were in Vegas, we decided to eat at this restaurant called “Himalayan Indian cuisine”. It was a Nepalese and Indian food place, and the concept excited us all.

The ambience was nice, few neat tables, the walls and ceilings inlaid with Himalayan style décor. The server was nice and charming, and teased us to see how far we’d go for spicy food. We all dared to a spice level of 10.

The food came fast, and it was delicious. It was indeed spicy, unlike a lot of restaurants here in the US.

After the masalledar meal, I craved dessert. I remembered reading something interesting in the dessert menu. I asked for the menu again, and located the item immediately.

“Lal Mohan: Two milk based pastries, brown on the outside, nice on the inside with a sweet savoury syrup to top.”

Pastries! Yum! Layers of soft cake …. Brown on the outside? Something like Tiramisu may be! Yum yum, and more yum….

When the server brought my order, it was a silver cup.

Pastries in a cup!?!
Three gulab jamuns!?!

So I say to the server: “Excuse me, I think we asked for Lal Mohan”

Server says: “This is Lal Mohan”

Moment of truth.

Milk based pastry!!!
Brown on the outside!!!
Nice on the inside!!!
Sweet savoury syrup!!!

Ignorance isn’t always bliss.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God

The duality of my existence

Happy Diwali!