The Universe is Conspiring!

Some things you just know. I don’t believe people when they say reason your life out. I think there is more to life that can’t be explained or justified by reasons alone. Like a dear friend used to say, “Man is a meaning-making machine.” Quite so.

When I asked another dear friend if he knew what that one gift would be that I would want to get him, he knew the answer right away. When something reminded him of me months later, I knew exactly what it was. When a friend wanted to say something to me, I dreamt about him. When I dreamt about a co-worker quitting, he quit. The day I mentioned to a friend how much I loved macademia covered chocolates, two huge boxes of those chocolates were laid on my office kitchen table. The day I suggested a friend to pursue higher studies, two other friends suggested to him the same.

I like to believe it is that power that unites us all. Some call it vibes, some telepathy, others coincidences. I like to think there are things that can be influenced by the mind. Or like Paulo Coelho likes to put it, it’s the universe conspiring!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God

The duality of my existence

Happy Diwali!