Just be yourself

Just be yourself and let me see
What makes you different than me
Why you do a particular thing in a particular way
Why you like some things I don’t
Why is it you don’t care for me in the same way I care for you
And yet I know you care so much
Why is it that your definitions for the same words are different than mine
Although we share a common dictionary
Why is it that you interpret situations in a different way
When the same things happen to the both of us
Why is it that you scream
When I would silently cry
Just be yourself and let me see
What makes you different than me

And when I wake up in the middle of the night
I know this difference is what keeps us alive.

Comments

Chitra Iyer said…
Sigh! Beautiful!!

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!