Coffeeeeee

"A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

I have this weird habit of looking at people’s status messages on Gtalk. I kinda like this feature and have been using it ever since I moved from good old Yahoo messenger to the simple and neat Gtalk. The status feature was initially meant to give a hint to friends and family if you are available to chat or busy. And then came the custom status message. I think its really cool and people have been putting it to use for different reasons, sharing a thought or simply expressing their mood. In fact, its amazing to see how many conversations actually start out with these status messages.

So that’s how I came across that quote.

Coffee. Well, what can I say. My family, being a typical Palghat Iyer family, was brought up to love coffee. The day starts with coffee, and continues with coffee. There are days when there is no salt in the home, but coffee is always stocked up. I have grown up listening to my dad call out to my mom, “Giri…., coffee….”, and my mom would dutifully go into the kitchen and with the art that’s been practiced for long, brew a fresh cup.

Coffee is relaxing. The very process of making a cup is relaxing. A lot of us, software professionals and non, take a break for coffee. It’s the perfect time for guys to smoke, and for girls to chit-chat (read gossip).

Coffee shops are a whole new experience, and well, I am sure I have written about those before.

And then, the idea of sharing time with friends over coffee. The very idea makes me glad. Having a friend to share thoughts over coffee is a wonderful gift.

God Bless Coffee ( and America, and India…)

Comments

Paras said…
Yeah.. coffee with friends.. time well spent !!!
Chitra Iyer said…
Yeah..and that's why I'm a coffee lover!

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!