The first glimpse of Snow!

I had been expecting it for a while now. It kinda excited me to wait, and picture, pictures of little christmas greetings, with little snow covered houses, reindeers and the snowman, bright colors in the background of white. The exhilaration of imagination is sometimes so great, that it overcomes all fear, all apprehension.

Like I thought, it came silently, while I was asleep. The sudden wake up call in the morning, was my best till today, coz the next moment, I found myself looking for my glasses, so that I could get a glimpse of what I had been waiting for so long. White flakes covered the green, I longed to get out. I saw tiny specs falling from the sky, as though Mother Earth was being bequested with some treasure.

Dry leaves that had covered the earth till now, had suddenly turned into bowls of snow. I picked up a leaf, and touched the snow. It sent a shiver through me, symbollically and literally. I covered myself well and went to school.

I was returning to my office in school, and my capricious eyes fell on the window. They were falling again! It was real windy I could judge, and just like I had seen the rains fall at angles, the snow shower was doing it too. The outside was lonely, as though the showers were having some confidential rendez vous with nature. I went outside.

I opened the door, and felt a surge of wind on my face. I faced it. Tiny white speckles were falling on the ground, and the wind took them where they wanted to go. Some landed on my coat, a few on my hair. I guess it was just their way of welcoming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God

The duality of my existence

Happy Diwali!