The Temptation

For the love I had for life, I didn't fall off from my balcony that night. It was strange, of how the balcony had always beckoned, sending me into this trance, where death seemed like the only option available. It wasn't like I was tired of living this life, or had too many regrets to face, I was having fun alright, doing what I wanted to, carving life the way I thought best. And yet, one unguided glance at the balcony, and the wind from outside would seducingly invite, and I would be there. Some temptations are just too hard to resist. Once there, my hands on the little rails, I would look down, down the abyss, and just then, it'll happen. It would seem like a gust of wind pulling me down, voices sounding from beneath, imploring me to escape. And then the great thrust would come, from nowhere, from inside me, and I would float in the air, smiling and at peace, till the final thud.

I open my eyes, and I know I am frightened. For I know, I should take care, lest the temptation takes over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!