Chocolate

Getting down the bus, my first challenge was crossing the Kanakpura Road. Having spent a long day at work, this challenge seemed hardly so miserable. Amidst trucks and honking cars, halting autos and zig-zagging cycles, I carefully traced the shortest path to the other side of the road. Once on the other side, people stared, more at the dangling ID card around my neck, than at me, with funny interest. Ignoring their looks, I made my way through the half done road. I saw this little girl playing at the garbage. For all this nice things that exist on earth, I have never been able to understand why the garbage so interests kids. I called to her, taking out an imported chocolate that I had preserved to eat in solace. The girl ran quickly across the road to reach me, snatched the chocolate from my hand, and ran back into a small plastic blue tent, which I guessed was her home. A smile showed on my face, and contentment filled my heart, the kind even a whole box of chocolates cannot bring. The smile remained, and I walked on.

The little girl was slapped across her face, so hard, that she fell down on the stones. “How many times have I warned you not to take anything from strangers!!!” was the crime.

The chocolate lay floating in a little puddle across the road.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!