Blind

Clash! The next moment, I was bending over to pick up my mom's spectacles. It was broken alright, the left glass. Two big cracks originating at the same place, divided as they touched the other end. Whatever, the point is, the specs was useless.

Let me tell you how it happened. I ain't telling you so I could entertain and all, just so that I could get it out of my system, may be some kind of confession sorts. I had just finished my dinner, and came to the living so that I could catch up on some TV. I noticed this new pen placed neatly on my mom's notebook, and me being this crazy freak about pens, went right to inspect. I lifted the cover of the notebook so that I could relieve the pen of its hold on the cover, of course, not seeing the specs on it. You can imagine what followed.

For all those who wear glasses, would possibly know what it feels like to lose one's specs. I mean, I am practically blind without them. May be I am blind otherwise too, but thats not what I am saying. I have a history too, I mean I have broken my own specs and all, when I was a kid, and my dad actually thought I broke it on purpose, so that I could get a new one. Parents are always like that when you are a kid, they are always thinking that you broke your things so that you could get new ones, but I swear I have never broken a thing on purpose. Not even when I am angry, like people do in the movies.

So, here I was, having broken my mom's specs. Well, I took them to her and said, "Mom, I broke your specs", she was shocked for a second, but when she saw my face holding the remains of her glasses, she immediately made it seem like it was no big deal. Moms are like that, they could go feeling crap all their life, but won't let you get the slightest whiff of it. Yeah, moms are like that. "It was so old anyways", she said.

I wanted to cry, I felt so much like it. But I ain't that kind you know, I mean, I think twice even to cry. I went to my room, I could think of no other thing to do. For a moment I thought of going back to the living and watch the TV like I would have otherwise, I could make things seem normal, but then I didn't want to kid around. So I just went into my room. I imagined my mom breaking my specs, and how I would have been sore as hell, I wouldn't have really created a scene or anything, I never do that, but I would have been sore alright. I swear I am some crap.

Cheers to all those of you who have a 6/6 vision. You guys would possibly never know what it means.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!