Memories

I was nearing the end of this book that I am reading, and a phrase about Turkish coffee and it’s aroma made me linger. Immediately and unknowingly, I was taking a deep breath and my mind was filled with the aroma of strong freshly ground coffee. I was transported to the crowded lanes of Manama, walking hand in hand with my dad, into this little coffee shop in the corner.

It was the kind of shop that boasted several varieties of coffee grounds from the middle east - Turkish, Arabic, Persian. While my dad and mom would decide on which one to get, and wait for them to be roasted, me and my sister would greedily admire the huge baskets of candy wrapped in shiny foil papers of all colors. The store owner would notice and very fondly, call out to us and hand us a few pieces of candy. We would accept in delight.


There are some memories that no matter how old, stay with you. They let you travel and relive the bygones as fresh as the present. Oh, you beautiful mind!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!