Reading...

After a few boring weekends and stressful weekdays, I have taken to reading. I mean regularly.

Reading keeps me happy, and I feel a sense of accomplishment as I reach the end of each book. It also brings the anticipation of my next visit to Barnes and Noble. I have been avoiding the temptation of stepping into that bookstore for so long, coz I already had a stack of unfinished books!

In the past week, I finished Bollywood Nights by Shobha De and Memories of my Melancholy Whores by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I enjoyed both. I am currently reading Fasting, Feasting by Anita Desai.

Hubby never gets it. He doesn’t quite see why I would want to spend time at Barnes and Noble, rather than go to IKEA. I try hard to explain, it makes me live experiences that I may never get a chance to live in my life. “Go watch a movie!” he would say.

I look forward to my allocated reading time every night. Of course, it means sacrificing certain other things, but that is fine…. I also know I might not be able to keep it up for long, but that is fine too…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!