Time will tell

Sitting here in the computer room, waiting for my server to boot, lots of thoughts seem to be flooding in. This room seems to be some kinda pandemonium, like my mind, a workshop, where there is so much to sort out, and machines that do the sorting. I am the creator here, the creator of problems that I program the machines to solve. In that, I sense achievement.

In my little workshop, machines are my friends, and I can talk to them. Ofcourse, we have a set of rules that govern our conversations, but then thats fine, infact its better this way. My machines know what I want, better than anyone else, and keep my stuff to themselves. They don't brag like people do, they dont feel ashamed when they fail me. I am not exactly sure if they have a mind, whether they think, and if Turing was alive, I suppose he could tell.

I think about these machines when I think about people. Humans. Methodologies that we use to program machines, methodologies that nature uses to program humans. They talk object oriented programming, an encapsulation of data and functionality called an entity. DNA and protein, the same encapsulation called human being.

Perhaps dualists wouldn't like my kinda analogy, and their opposition would make sense too. I always like these kinda debates, where the truth is a part of the future, and there is no proof for any predictions, not even a probability theory.

So lets leave it at that wonderful statement, that people make when in doubt.

"Time will tell."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!