When birds fly free....

Its once again that time of the day, when I come out of my home, and begin my daily journey to the office, where I plan to spend the rest of my day. I notice that it’s a beautiful morning, like all mornings are, the roads are wet with the light morning showers, the tress are glistening green, and the soil is leaving prints. I had been irritated a little the previous day, and was unknowingly carrying the feeling in me even today. The reason for my irritation was that someone was trying to snatch away from me, what was mine. I wasn’t ready to let go. I didn’t realize when I stopped admiring the outside, and was caught up brooding over my irritation. I questioned myself as to what was getting me irritated, and I realized it was my want to possess. Something that was mine….. that feeling of deriving my sense of self from materialistic objects…. And I couldn’t let that go…… Just then something caught my eye. I saw a group of birds flying together, forming patterns, free…. The first thought that invaded my mind was that these birds were so free, they possessed the whole world. And then I thought, did they ever feel the need to possess????

“The man who does not want to possess, is the man who possesses everything!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!