This too shall pass?


Exhausted and tired, I was on my way back on the train after a long week. I decided to read over music. Just as I was getting my book out of my backpack, I heard a sobbing angry voice. I turned and found the girl who was sitting opposite me shouting curses on the phone, tears streaming down her cheeks.

She was loud and clearly upset. About something some guy had done. It almost seemed like the big fight after the breakup. The one sided conversation that I was party to, was mostly filled with phrases like “How can he f**k around like this, who does he think he is, who is he bull sh**ting” and other such wonderful gaali galoch, if you know what I mean.

Thankfully, the train went through the tunnel and her phone disconnected. I could sense her friend on the other end sigh a big sigh.

I am not sure if I would ever react this way in a similar situation, but I am not the expressive kind. My mind formed opinions without knowing anything about her, but that’s what vacant minds do. It felt like a problem I would have had a decade ago. She didn’t really seem that young, but it’s really not age we are talking about here, it’s the state of mind.

With time, we learn. With time, we forgive. With time, we appreciate.

Here’s wishing that some day she will look back and laugh at this day.

Comments

Chitra Iyer said…
Bahut bhaari bharkam funda tha yaar!! Sniff!

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!