Short and Crisp

Hubby commented on one of my emails as "Short and Crisp". And I tumbled down memory lane...

It was in high school, when I topped in English for the first time. Since then, I was looked upon by teachers and classmates alike as "one-of-the-intelligent-ones".

English was "the" language. Coming from India, I was looked down upon and ridiculed for bad grammar and pronunciation. So topping in English could do a great deal for your image.

Impressed teachers can be great teachers. They give you extra attention and time. They talk about you to other kids in other sections. They read your passages aloud with a pride fit to embarass you.

"Brevity and Clarity". That was the motto of our English professor. And that lesson has stayed with me.

Thats how I learnt to write short, simple and clear sentences. I think it works well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!