Take notice....

For the love I had for life, I didnt jump off the balcony that night. I dont really know what it was that prompted me, to climb on the parapet wall, and look down the abyss, where little cars moved, as though in a game world. Somehow my so-called conscious had given away to the temptation that lay below, thousands of layers beneath the little cars, a world where there was no me. I longed to fall, with triumphant eyes, it seemed like I was almost there. Just at that moment, a rain drop fell on my shoulder, and I was transported to the world around me. I stepped back in horror.

Sometimes, when I think of God, I would think it was He who brought the rain drop. Coz that night, it never rained, just a few drops, and that is all. Perhaps there were other people like me, standing on the parapet wall, desirous of achieving the unknown, who had to be saved. And so, He brought the drops with him.

At other times, it feels like cowardice. For having taken the step, and quit. I dont know if it was God who saved me, or God who constrained me from having what I wanted. Or perhaps He just didnt have a hand. I am not sure.....

And yet, today, when the morning was bright, the grass glistened, and petals showered from trees. It would have,a even if I had jumped off that night. It would have, surely. But I wouldnt have been there to notice.

So I guess I live on to take notice of the little things that happen to me, that happen to everybody. I live on to take notice.

P.S. This article is purely fiction. I am alive and kicking!

Comments

Pavan said…
First i thought it was about a dream, then it seemed like a suicide note....finally i understood and took notice!!
Anonymous said…
"...take notice of the little things that happen"

and when you learn to do that, life doesn't seem so bad, u know!

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!