Dosais and lunches


Smell is a powerful thing. It can transport you across oceans, across time, decades behind.

It was my usual Caltrain morning ride. I picked my single seat on top, set my bags and was just getting my laptop out, when this smell hit me. It was the smell of warm dosais coming from a perspiring lunch box.

It took me back to the time when my mom would pack a similar lunch box for me. Warm soggy dosais with sugar to take to school. And the time my mom would pack a MTR Rava Idlis with milagai podi for my bus ride back to Mysore. And the time my mom would pack a whole box of Poruchu Kozhambu saadam to share with my friends at work.

Whoever you are, eating those dosais right now, indulge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The duality of my existence

God

Happy Diwali!